Monday, April 13, 2009

PERFECTION NOT GUARANTEED


In life, there are some things that are just hard to explain. Nothing will ever be perfect because if it was, there would be no court cases, no terrorist attacks, no war, no good nor evil… maybe even no religion. In reality, maybe it’s true that there are some things that are just too good to be true because it is the imperfections in this world that makes it worth living.

Why do I say this? I must admit that for the past few days I have become a love sick puppy from a cynical Mr. I-don’t-want-a-relationship guy who just doesn’t believe in being committed in a relationship possibly because in today’s society, it is just hard to find someone you can fully trust. (Trust is always earned, never given)

So who is perfect? I would have to say that so far the only perfect person I have read about is God or Jesus other than that, I will not be self-righteous in saying I am perfect because in many ways, I have a lot of imperfections that I have yet to learn from and use to continuously grow as an individual, we all do.

Reality can be a Big Bitch

Today, I realized that you can’t get everything want just that easy. Sometimes when you’re happy, it will never be perfect. I reckon it is about being joyful for the blessing that you have received. Relationships can sometimes be complicated one way or another. Everything is a result of some action. Mr. Perfect Smile has a pseudo relationship -- a long distance relationship. I sort of knew this all along and I would have to say that I am truly thankful for his honesty but today, it dawned on me that right now, whether I deny it or not, he has this attachment with another person… He doesn’t know where that relationship is leading, and they are both so far away from each other to even talk about it so the result is, he openly dates and I happened to be one of them. I will not deny the fact that we have that unexplainable connection as he has described it, and I would have to admit the fact that the feeling is mutual. With no hesitation, I have this gut feel that I can see myself being with this person for a long time possibly, even a life-long commitment. Bottom line, I have just formally entered a love triangle!


Yes! What in the world am I doing? We both have strong feelings for each other but the fact is he still has a “conceptual” long-distance relationship with someone. I understand the fact that he doesn’t want to end what he has with the other person online nor over the phone, but rather do it personally and at the same time, I also understand that he must be longing to feel that connection and passionate love that he is getting from me now. I did ask if there is a good reason for me to wait and an honest answer I got is “I don’t know.” Truly, it is the risk that I am taking now. Maybe it’s just too early to answer that question at this point I reckon, but as what we have discussed, it is a question that he would need to answer again sooner or later but for now, maybe its better left unanswered.

For now, he asked me to please keep him and that he loves me and at the same time I am willing to take the risk and stick around a little bit more and give love another chance to enter in my life. I have clearly laid out that I am willing to make our relationship work but I can’t do it alone and at the same time I love him and I would want him in my life right now as long as I will not be taken for granted again. When it comes to relationships, PERFECTION IS NOT GUARANTEED.


photo courtesy of: http://media.photobucket.com/image/perfection%20not%20guaranteed/DarthKiljoy/Wait.jpg

4 comments:

  1. tsk tsk tsk... why can't things just be simple? why are there complications, always?

    so sorry, bro. i know just how u feel...

    ~ Amy ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. well that is the reality and that is a choice that i would have to make... sometimes if you feel that you want to take that risk you should just take it so you don't live a life asking 'what if?'

    i know that only time can tell... and if we are meant to be then time shall make it work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Situation sounds... Familiar. :|

    I don't see why your question should be better left unanswered. Whatever the outcome of your choice is, I hope you don't regret it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i don't maybe cuz at this point its hard to answer the question... so maybe only time can tell... :|

    ReplyDelete